Wednesday 11 March 2020

Finally made time to start work on the TSR!

Woke up this afternoon after my night shift and decided that I needed to get the TSR on the road as I have had it for 2 months and I have only ridden it home from the sellers house.

I have all the parts to fix the side stand and also a spare wheel with a tyre to swap for the wheel with the flat tyre.

I cleared out my dining room and moved the bike indoors to make it easier and more comfortable to work on tonight.


Now the bike is in a well lit area I took a look at the snapped bolt and it looks like there is enough bolt sticking out of the frame to make removing it more straightforward (famous last words 😂).




The plan for today is to take the back wheel off again and remove the bent disk and smaller sprocket and replace them with the ones on the wheel that came with the bike and out the wheel back on.

I will then try and remove the snapped bolt and install the stand and the new hardware on the bike.


I have also noticed that the gear shifter is missing the rubber end so I have bought a new one that will be here tomorrow thanks to the great Fowler's parts department. 


I will most likely need a set of mole grips to remove the snapped bolts so a trip to homebase may well be needed later.

I have taken the spare wheel off and it is not going to work so I am abandoning that idea and I am going to take the original wheel to a tyre place tomorrow to get a new tyre put on it and then putting the wheel back on the bike for now.


Had a change of plans. The disk and sprocket bolts on the spare wheel were all threaded and rounded off so would not  come off. I also noticed that the rim was dented and also the tyre was off road only!!! so I have made the executive decision to not use the wheel and I have been on the Melksham tyres website and bought a Bridgestone Trail Wing TW301/TW302 in the same size as the tyre currently on the wheel (410x18) and I have a fitting window of 12-17:30 tomorrow. Luckily my parents are visiting tomorrow as their car is going in for a service and MOT so my Dad can drive me to the tyre fitters and my Mum can wait in for my delivery's :-) 

My Dad is also bringing me a few sets of mole grips so I am leaving the work until tomorrow and tidying the house instead today. I am leaving the bike in bits for the night so that I don't have to put it back together twice. 

This means that by tomorrow night I will hopefully have a working motorbike :-)

I have decided to leave the bike as it is for the moment and hold off on the super motard conversion as I need the bike working more than I need it as a super motard. I also want to test out the bike as it is before I mess with the wheels. At the moment my brother is using my car so the bike is my only means of transport for now so I just need it working. The rubber for the gear shift will be delivered tomorrow so that will be fixed pretty easily and hopefully the stand can be fixed tomorrow too so the bike will at least be useable for now. 

I will also fill up my petrol can so that I can mix up some fuel to leave in the shed for when I need to fill up.

I have also bought a new clutch cable as the current cable is catching and really hard to pull the lever at the moment and the old owner was spraying it with wd40 every time he rode the bike which has probably made it worse. The part number for the cable is 58210-03D01-000.

I have been using THIS page for part numbers are pretty much the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment