Sunday 12 January 2020

Bought my 1995 TSR 200

I bought and picked up a locally based Suzuki TSR 200 on Friday. I had seen it on line for a week or so and went and looked at it on Thursday and picked it up Friday morning :-)

I paid online Thurday night and got the bike taxed and insured so that it could be ridden home Friday morning which I did :-)

It needs a bit of work but the engine starts first kick and idles and runs great. I managed to get a puncture on the way home and messed up the tyre pretty badly so the bike is currently off the road as the tyre will need replacing.


Not sure that it can be seen from the picture but the bike has been well used and is in need of some tlc for sure. It doesn't have the stand on it at the moment as the bolt is sheered off in the frame! luckily it looks like there is enough bolt sticking out to get it out of the frame pretty easily. The clutch cable is really stiff and sticks so will need to be replaced and the clutch lever is after market and not great so will have to be swapped out. 

The front mudguard is a universal after market one and could do with being replaced at some point too. Apart from these things and the tyre the bike seems OK. It was certainly quick enough on the way back even with a soft/flat tyre and the powerband is amazing fun :-)

I was having trouble finding somewhere to get the tyre fixed on Friday so the bike has been covered in my garden until I can do something with it on Wednesday. 





No comments:

Post a Comment