Sunday 12 January 2020

Bike is going to be a super motard

I have decided that I am going to convert the TSR 200 into a super motard as I don't have time to ride trails at the moment or anyone to ride with so I am going to make it a supermoto to razz around town on as that is mostly what I plan to use the bike for.

Adding the supermoto wheels will also make the bike a bit lower so it will be easier for my short arse to get on :-) The super moto also made sense as I will have to shell out for new tyres anyway so might as well convert it now instead of later as I had always planned to get it converted at some point.

I have been on the internet and found that the hubs from a TSR 125 are the exact same part numbers so I bought 2 used wheels with tyres from Ebay that will server 2 purposes, the first is to get the bike to my parents house so that it can be locked in their garage until I can get a garage near my house, the other purpose is to act as donor hub if need be.

I also found a set of supermoto wheels and tyres on ebay for a dr125 which I also bought as I can try and see  if they will fit directly to the TSR 200  if they don't then the rims and tyres can be laced to the hubs from the TSR 125 wheels to make a set of supermoto wheels so that I can keep the original wheels if I want to use the bike as an enduro bike at a later date.

The wheels will arrive on Wednesday or Thursday so I should be able to get the bike back on the road soon.

I will also need to get a scaffold plank to get the bike back up the steps in my garden as they are really steep and I didn't think about this before I took the bike down the stairs to store it!! Not my best idea ever I can see that already and I havent tried to move the bike yet!

I'm hoping that once the trye is fixed (different wheel) I will be able to push the bike back up the scaffold plank or maybe if that is too hard ride the bike up the plank which will definitely be more fun :-)

I have also sent an email to a breakers yard that is breaking a TSR 125 to see if they have any of the parts that I need or the rear rack off of the TSR 125 as a new on is about £150 and I will need one to weld a bike rack to to carry my bmx on the TSR.


No comments:

Post a Comment